SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always1stepbehind

Cutting back on bread/carb, sweets...

ok..so got my numbers back from my yearly check up. Triglycerides are up...from 177 to 221 this year. Dr. said I need to cut back on white bread, carbs etc and sweets. I've always been right below the higher end of the "ok" numbers. I'm a huge sweet tooth and of course theres always room for one more roll...LOVE bread, prasta, rice...everything that isn't good for you.

I dont want to this to come across wrong or bad, I'm sure I over indugle in enough sweets and bread that just cutting back would probably improve my numbers. Plus Dr. did say or elude to that I could have had a lot bread etc before lab work that would bump those numbers up...but still, either way I really do need to watch my intake of both bread etc and sweets. I was reading something last night on the internet that really stuck out, I said we should be eating as if we were watching our blood sugar numbers...something like that. Made a lot of sense.

This week, me and co-worker split a hamburger, I took of my top of the bun. DD baked cookies and I only had 1..where I normally probably would have easily eaten 4 or 5. I'm a huge grazer...so I'm finding myself having to be consious to not just stick food in mouth. I'm not a big eater, but I reach a lot for sweets, bread. So that is going to be hard habit to break.

What are your favorite low carb snacks? Ideas of what I can keep here at work (we have a full size fridge) Ideas of modifying/substuting etc.

Comments (36)