SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_breasbois_schulz

Awkward front porch help.

The entrance to our home is rather awkward looking. The slope of the yard combined with the fact that we get A LOT of snow where we live caused the previous owner to build this deck with stairs that lead to driveways on both sides of the home. I'd like to try to make the bottom part of the deck blend in with the rest of the home as much as possible. So I thought I would paint it white. For railings I want to do cables so they would be essentially invisible to the eye. For the stairs and deck floor do you think it would be ok so leave it natural or perhaps apply a white stain? I dont want to paint the flat surfaces because of up keep involved. Any suggestions making this less of an eyesore.
Recently we removed the vertical portions of the porch rails and I planned to paint the corner posts and bottom and top rails black.

I think next spring we will tackle the wire rails. weve also torn out the sidewalk that once led to the front door.
Weve also widened the driveway and added another set of steps that descend to the driveway because the hill was really high and becomes treacherous after 300 inches of snowfall which we literally have to mound in front of the house piling higher that the deck itself.
I know it's not an ideal setup out there but funds limit any major changes.

Comments (19)