SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanjeanremodelmachine

One Mirror vs Two Mirrors in MCM master bath (and backsplash question)

Mittens Cat
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I've been seesawing between one wide mirror or two skinnier mirrors for our master bath. I realize wider mirrors are considered passe (at the moment), but I prefer a cleaner, more streamlined look of a single mirror. And we're leaning toward a Midcentury Modern style, which seems to lean toward single mirrors as well?

My concern: if we go with one wide mirror, is there a way to do a simple backsplash without having to tile the entire wall, or at least most of the wall? I'm leery of the simple strip backsplash (reminds me of a pencil moustache). But I would rather not tile the entire wall (due to cost as well as uncertainty over what we're doing, if anything, with the 24" of wall space to the far right).

Would it look acceptable to tile just the bottom half of the wall, from floor to bottom of mirror? Or would that be defeating my aim to keep things looking streamlined? For what it's worth, we're going pretty neutral in this master bath: creamy white large format tile on walls, walnut veneer floating vanity, white ceramic counter/sink, charcoal gray porcelain tile floors.

Apologies for my lack of drawing skills, especially in regard to scale! (in bottom sketch, the pair of mirrors and the faucets should have been much closer to each other). Wall is 104" wide. The vanity is 56" wide. The oversized light switch on the left is about 4"x8".

Wall at the moment:

Comments (10)