SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Any crafty or resourceful folks, help finding an odd thing, please.

So I’m at a loss and thought I’d throw this out there. I need a clear plastic blank credit card type thingie.

Lemme esplain ;)

My neighborhood is a gated community. Recently they upgraded the system to a unit that requires a barcode sticker placed inside your windshield. The one thing they didn’t take into account was the number of residents who walk or bike in and out of the neighborhood. So their solution is to have you call your cell from the keypad and let yourself in using the code. Same as if you had guests coming, they call you from the gate, you answer, they say who they are and you press 9 and gate opens. The issue is that this is in the mountains and service down at the gate is iffy. So my husband has been locked out a few times on his bike and had to lift his bike over the gate and hop it lol.

My thought was to get a clear piece of plastic and get a barcode And stick it to the plastic and then he can carry it with him on his bike rides, just flash the card at the camera. The reason it needs to be a clear card is that the stickers are made to mount inside the windshield, hence the code is on the sticky side and is mirror image, won’t work on a solid card.

I have found these online bit in quantities of 1000! I only need 1.

Has anyone seen something like this at a craft or office supply place?

Comments (18)