SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hannah_robertson_forrest

Kitchen Cabinet Hardware

My husband and I are having the kitchen remodeled in our new house (first time homeowners), and we do not live in the same city, so we do not have the benefit of truly visualizing the space as it will look once things are completed. We probably should have hired a designer to help, as neither of us are knowledgeable about home design elements! But we were being budget conscious, and now are too late in the game.

I have been totally stumped in selecting kitchen hardware. So far, our kitchen is pretty classic and neutral - white shaker cabinets, white subway tile backsplash, light natural wood floors, and stainless steel appliances and a stainless steel sink. We have not finalized the selection of pendant lighting over a kitchen island nor countertops - though for the latter we anticipate selecting a light quartz. For the lighting, we have boiled it down to a few and final selection we will try to coordinate with the hardware.

We both love color (you probably wouldn't be able to tell from the kitchen, ha!) but since this is our first house and first project are scared of things that are too bold/outside of the box. With hardware and lighting, we are more willing to mix it up and either add more statement or color since those are easy fixes if a future owner wants their own style. However, I've searched endlessly and am having a hard time - how do I even select the finish, let alone the shape? There are SO many options it seems impossible to figure out where to start at the most basic level. Any big design "rules" we should consider or avoid in considering finishes and/or shape?

Comments (6)