SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m2dougherty

Help Me Select Bathroom Tile

m2dougherty
4 years ago

I am just starting the task of redoing our hallway bathroom which serves a guest room and would serve an additional bedroom if that room was not being used as an exercise room.

I went out to look at tile the other day. Have not looked at tile for years so was unprepared for the vast number of choices out there. How well do the patterns of honed marble made up of many small pieces hold up? They are lovely to be sure but I was left wondering about all that grout to seal/clean and how often you need to seal the honed marble to keep it looking nice. There were also many small glass tile patterns that which made me wonder similar questions.

Our house was built in 1903. The tub/shower in this room has a window in it measuring 27 wide by 36 tall. Right now there are 1 foot size tiles in that area. The present tile is a sore point as I have never liked it. There is a complicated story behind how we ended up with it but i won't bore you with it.

We still love the kitchen we designed and built with the kind guidance of Gardenweb so hoping for similar results with this bathroom redo.

Thank you,

Michele D.

Comment