SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendyk5

Using a Lacanche multi-cooker in place of a steam oven

We're doing a complete gut kitchen remodel in a new house. It's two years away, so I have a lot of time, maybe too much time, to plan it all out. I discovered Lacanche during my search and am intrigued. In my current house, I have a 30" induction cooktop, a 15" gas wok burner, a combi steam oven and a convection oven. I rarely use the gas burner, and love the induction top. I use the steam oven a lot, for reheating leftovers, roasting vegetables and salmon with the auto steam bake function, and I use the regular convention for baking small items, no steam. My question is this: Will the Lacanche multi-cooker, which is a water unit with steam and boiling capabilities, be a decent substitute for the steam oven? I can use the electric convection for baking; I can steam vegetables and fish, and do a final roast if I want a caramelized finish. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

I would love to have one cooking unit that includes all functions, rather than having wall ovens and cooktop. But I also don't want to give up the cooking methods that work best for me. I was thinking about the Fontenay, with an induction unit, a multi-cooker, and a French plate for winter stews and long simmering. Does anyone out there have any experience with the multi-cooker?

Comments (5)