SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanjeanremodelmachine

Besides backsplash, any other decisions best put off till later?

Mittens Cat
4 years ago

After hearing that it's fine or even preferable to put off kitchen backsplash decision until after the cabinets and countertops are installed, I'm wondering what other categories might benefit (or at least not be badly affected) from waiting until we're settled in a bit before deciding.

Granted, part of this is probably that I'm feeling overwhelmed and like the idea of lowering the pressure a bit. Mainly, I'm wondering about bathroom tile. Other than bathroom floors and the tile for showers and tubs, is it okay to wait on tiling the walls behind/under vanity and toilet? Things are moving so fast right now and I don't want to settle on a material I'm not thrilled with just to get the job done under a certain deadline.

On the other hand, I don't want to bring the construction crew back if it's a major thing to do so. I'm thinking of putting off decisions on things like water filtering system, closet systems, all landscaping (except patio concrete)... any other choices I can put off for now? Thanks

Comments (9)