Medical Alert Devices

Fun2BHere

My almost-deaf parent needs one. It should be able to contact emergency help both at home and away from home. It cannot be one that is dependent on a smart phone app. I have started reading reviews, but I would love to hear your experiences and recommendations.

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur01

From one of several threads on the health forum. You might look there but this is the most recent. https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5570290/medical-alert-device#n=15

Save     Thanked by Fun2BHere
kathyg_in_mi

My friend has one that there is no monthly fee.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX

We have had a few good discussions here about them. You might want to do a search here. My mom refused to wear hers or keep it out. She thought they were listening to her all the time. They occasionally do test them and she would freak out when they were doing that. So be sure they are willing to use it.

raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

I just last week got a mailer from Philips Medical about theirs - threw it out but seem to remember they offered one that worked away from home. However, I didn't read more than that so I don't know any particulars, including cost.

breenthumb

Yes, I've seen recent tv ads about one, Man fell in the park and couldn't get up. Sorry I don't remember the product name but they are available.

Related Stories

Home Tech How Smart Devices Make Homes More Accessible
Find out how one couple with a health challenge uses a smart speaker, and learn how tech can help with everyday tasks
Full Story
Pets To Feed and Protect: Care for Your Pet From Afar With New Devices
You might miss the nuzzles, but your dog or cat won't miss food, water or monitoring with these high-tech feeders and cameras
Full Story
Your First House Get Organized: First-Aid, Emergency and Medical Supply Checklist
Don’t wait until you need them to stock your first-aid kit and emergency stash. Here’s what to get and where to keep it
Full Story
Houseplants Garden Alert: 22 Plants to Keep Away From Pets
Avoid potential danger by keeping dogs and cats away from these landscaping and houseplant favorites
Full Story
Home Tech In Rarefied Air: Meet 3 Cutting-Edge Home Sensors
These new all-purpose sensors send alerts to your smart phone about temperature, air quality and a whole lot more. Why not?
Full Story
Home Tech Switch On the Phone-Controlled Home
Lock your front door from afar, let your thermostat set itself and more when you use your phone as a control device
Full Story
Most Popular CES 2015: Inching Toward a Smarter Home
Companies are betting big on connected devices in 2015. Here’s a look at what’s to come
Full Story
Windows How Safe Are Your Windows Against Burglars?
Consider these security tips and devices to keep your windows secure and your home safer
Full Story
Lighting On the Internet, Nobody Knows You're a Lamp
Home appliances and devices are poised to get on the Internet and start messaging one another. Here's why that'll be great for you
Full Story