Saturday Morning Breakfast
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (32)
Related Discussions
Saturday Morning At Your Home?
Comments (20)Slept in really late this morning, after being up late last night putting together a desk. Made "breakfast" for the kids, egg, rice, cheese & cabbage. Just put a chuck roast in the crock pot. Sola was going to make us a traditional New Years meal from Korea, but my kids are going to their dad's so that will have to wait till they come back tomorrow. Went grocery shopping yesterday, late in the evening and forgot a few things, including dog food. So, I have to go back after I finally shower. I also need to steam clean the living room carpet. I picked up a new dog, a foster dog named Chico Friday and he knocked over my cup of coffee last night. There wasn't room with all the desk pieces all over the place to do it last night, so Lauren just spot cleaned it. There's a big stain there now. Oh, speaking of Chico, we have renamed him Chewbacca because he looks just like Chewbacca from Star Wars. I don't like the name Chico either. He seems to like his new name too. ( : He's about 9 months old and is huge. He's part Golden Retriever and I think Chow. His head is huge and so are his paws. He's so sweet and was really shy and nervous at first but is now romping around the house. He slept in Lauren's room on her bed, along with Bushido (the cat) and our other dog, Emily. She said Chewy practically slept on top of her-lol. I'm already thinking of adopting him instead of just fostering him....See MoreSaturday breakfast......
Comments (12)Well this solves my "what to do with leftover yogurt" dilema, as I'm sure I can sub it for the sour cream. This would be a great little cake to have in the freezer for when company comes. If only it wasn't so dang hot! I made blueberry muffins on the cool day. It's not so bad baking in the early morning. Now where is my springform pan . . ....See MoreSaturday Breakfast
Comments (3)Pharaoh, your breakfast looks and sounds great to me too. If I added a sunny side up egg on the side, Max would be in heaven! Carol, the first time I saw those dishes on one of Pharaoh's posts, I commented too. Gorgeous, huh? He said they are Wedgewood in the India pattern. I have serious dish envy. Lee...See MoreMy 60th Birthday Meal(s)… What Was I Thinking? : )
Comments (69)Sleevendog, the wonderful thing about belated Birthday well-wishes is that they extend the happiness : ) And thank you both (Islay, too) for the Charcuterie Definition. I didn’t know the French pronunciation, but doubt I’ll use it here, or even the word charcuterie. Most here would think me pretentious, which is silly as I like to use words correctly. So, does this mean if I make canadian bacon or pastrami (from pork), I can (temporarily) call myself a Charcutier? LOL! Well, I just might anyway! Sleevendog, thank you also for mentioning the free-edge/live-edge board. That was my gift to myself : ) I think it’s so beautiful! I often toss together a board (the bread board above was from an old restaurant, the charcuterie with live edge from Etsy) of cheeses, crackers, meats, apples, grapes… whatever I have on hand, for pre-dinner snacking, or lunch nibbling. I wanted a larger, prettier board than the bread board : ) Funny thing is, when I bought my first furniture, the area in which I lived had tons of furniture with free-edging/live edging (horizontal slice tree trunks, vertical slabs). And they were cheap! And huge! I bought a large one for my coffee table on a major budget. New! After a while, the area was over-saturated with them, and I couldn’t give mine away when upgrading. Truth! So when they first came out, it took me a while to not see them as ‘cheap’ stuff! I have learned a new appreciation… everything old is new again : ) I think it looks both rustic and fine, simultaneously. I am a wood grain lover. And while I have your attention, those flageolet beans? Amazing. We can’t stop eating them on salads. I’m making some with leftover too-salty ribs, shredded, and roasted tomatoes next. Mercurygirl, you sound like me, I’ve moved several plants, including roses. Hard to keep up with where they are until they leaf out or bloom! Naturegirl, you are most welcome! Edie, I have one of those rolling pins! So heavy! I am sure you can roll it out thin enough. I would recommend a few things… if using crackers for cheeses, don’t add cheese to the cracker dough, just make them as is, and perhaps toss in some dried herbs (the flavor of dried herbs does come through) as appropriate. If serving with a soup, or alone, cheese tastes wonderful : ) Annie, don’t do what I did, though, and over prep/cook! I was feeling a bit frazzled by the time the day rolled around! But yes, making lots of nibbles satisfies everyone. And they can be easy ones. BTW, your hummus was wonderful! Thank you! I froze some, and hope that’s ok....See More- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years agoMarilyn Sue thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9/10
Related Stories

COLOR PALETTES10 Rise-and-Shine Color Combos for Breakfast Nooks
Brighten up your mornings with these welcoming and upbeat colors for your breakfast dining area
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Creating a Cozy Breakfast Nook
A modern table, banquette seating and a few colorful accessories make a spot you'll hate to leave on Sunday mornings
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNBreakfast Nooks, Sunny Side Up
Banish early-morning darkness with a bright breakfast nook — even if a window is only in your dreams
Full Story
DINING ROOMSNew This Week: 4 Cozy, Design-Minded Breakfast Nooks
See some ways to set up a dedicated area for relaxing and enjoying your morning coffee
Full Story
DINING ROOMS12 Breakfast Nooks Cool Enough for a Dinner Party
The banquette where you sip your morning coffee can also make a cozy corner for an intimate supper or a game night
Full Story
Guest Picks: Summer Cottage Breakfast Table
Wake up to a thoughtfully set table for a simple morning meal by the lake
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN91 Kitchen Banquettes to Start Your Morning Right
Slide into one of these stylish breakfast nooks and stay awhile
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Set a Beautiful Breakfast Table
Start the day off on the right note with cheery serveware and accessories for kitchen and table
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN19 Ways to Create a Cozy Breakfast Nook
No rude awakenings here. Start your day the gentle way, with a snuggly corner for noshing
Full Story
LIFESimple Pleasures: A Real Sit-Down Breakfast
Give grab-and-go the heave-ho. To start the day right, treat yourself to a proper breakfast in a cheery spot
Full StorySponsored
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida

glenda_al