SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_grosmaire

Should I buy this high end chair? Then what?

Laura Grosmaire
4 years ago

Was recently "just passing through" a consignment store adjacent to our local design center, and saw this chair, which may solve a recent "hole" in our living room created by selling a large side board. We are going to be moving in ~5 years (we've been here for 20), so I need something versatile, but also need more seating here. I was originally looking for a sectional, but this might be an easier way to go. The chair is a Ferrell Mittman, and the design is perfect for our style. The downside is the fabric, it is a poly/cotton blend with a very smooth finish (no texture). Both the color and texture are a dubious fit in here (at least to my unimaginative eye!). Could I put a rectangular wooly something or other over the back? A blue/beige/cream throw of some sort? Our house is mostly blues and greens. I love the chair (8 way hand tied), it sits "new", no squishy, etc. Also, they are asking $700 for it, I'd like to get it for $500-550. Is this a reasonable price? I've added pictures of the space, the chair is ~36 inches wide. Anyway to make this work, or should I just move on?

Link to chair:

https://www.ferrellmittman.com/Furniture.aspx?Product_ID=42699

This is the space where chair would go (40 inches - chair is ~36 inches wide) with front of chair on rug. The Eames style chair and floor lamp would move to where I am standing. We were going to put 3-4 large pics across wall behind chair. Your thoughts/ideas are appreciated!

Another, larger view of space:

The chair and closeup of fabric:

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County