SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie_from_belgium

Alocasia I had no idea was there...

marie_from_belgium
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all, I had an Alocasia that was doing really poorly and cut it back significantly. I discarded of the leaves and stems that looked like they were draining the plant and threw those in this hole we have in our deck (we left out one tile in the deck meaning to one day plant some colorful climber there, but haven't gotten around to it, so for now it's just a hole filled with soil covered up with another tile). Today, I lifted the cover and turns out one of the Alocasia stems actually took root. It must be a pretty hardy plant, since it's been there all throughout the summer heat and the winter frost in total darkness. I took out this new plant, it has three leaves, a lot of roots and a bunch of new offshoots coming in. I potted it, but I'm now wondering where to put it. The stems and leaves are really light, almost translucent because of the lack of light in the hole. Can I put it in a spot that has lots of indirect light? Or should I let it adjust to light in a darker corner? I've never had this before and I'd really like to give it a chance to thrive, since it's been so unloved up to now, but I don't want to shock it by going from 0 to 100 in terms of light. Many thanks in advance for any advice you could give me!
EDIT: I can't seem to upload a photo so I added one in the comment section

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor