SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firsttimerrenovater

Getting $7,000 worth of plumbing done...

firsttimerrenovater
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I have had issues with sewage backup in the past on a property I used for rental. Now while between tenants it I noticed the sink drainage was slow in addition to the toilet flushes. Called the plumber over from a very reputable company with high google reviews, and he used a camera to determine it was a huge collection of water underground because the pipes were brittle, a root had come into one place and the pipes were no longer sloping away from the house but sloping towards it due to settlement. So after it rains the drainage gets worse because it doesn't really empty. Now I watched him go through the pipes with the camera screen and saw the water buildup. A small patch here and there wouldn't fix the issue long term so there needed to be new pipes, and it needed to be done right.

While I agree with him, how do I know this is really the issue? And it $7,000 for the total, including getting the diggers to come in and dig making sure they don't hit any underground cables, wires etc., a normal amount for new pipes leading to the sewer?

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths