SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_252504019

No love for china and silver display cabinets?

CindyR
4 years ago

I have noticed that some posters detest china cabinets. For example, one of the reactions I read when someone wants to update their dining room is something like “get rid of all of that junk! Purge!!!” “OUTDATED!” (Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and that’s just fine).

Is the new mindset to buy generic-looking furniture and keep special family heirlooms (china, silver, etc.) behind closed doors? Example here is that one must have a low “buffet” cabinet (NOT a china cabinet!) and closed doors to hide the “dastardly clutter.”

I don’t particularly care what’s “in style” but rather I like what’s pleasing to my own eye, and I like looking at my beautiful things passed down to me from my family line.

I’m curious what others do who like to look at their “beautiful things” and how they display them.

My silver and china are all safely boxed up right now while I work on a whole-home refresh. I sold a smaller “curio cabinet” and will not be re-using another cabinet, but my dining room fantasy would be to have a HUGE cabinet or built-in so I could see all of “my most preciousssss” (haha) things.

Are you willing to share your “treasure cabinet” pictures to give me “real world” ideas that are not professionally staged for a magazine or blog?

PS: I am not a showy person and we do not “entertain” a lot. This is strictly for my own enjoyment. Some things I have are not “priceless” antique silver, but they are priceless to me and those are just as special.

Thank you.

Comments (154)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County