SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deb_s49

HELP !! Need suggestions on color pallet & de-country kitchen

deb s
4 years ago

I just purchased this property as a rental - so I need to keep a tight budget- and appeal to a young couple as the house is a 2 bd 2 ba. I feel the kitchen is outdated and colors are too gold.

I would like to remove the metal tiles, curtains and corbel shelf in the kitchen and install open shelving one the available walls (rustic brown floating perhaps?) but i need a new color pallet that flows from the kitchen to the fam room to the sun porch.

Kitchen has original hardwoods- owner put laminate in the fam room which we need to pull up-- hoping floors are in salvageable shape.

I would love to do the sunporch in a deep saturated color (maybe blue)- would it make sense to balance with the kitchen in the same blue then a grey in the fam room with the white wainscotting?

Please help !!! how do I bring a 90's kitchen into current without a complete cabinet change out

Re the windows between the fam room and sun room (which I had posted previously) we are going to try to widen and close up the windows OR we are going to remove the windows and install cabinets in the lower half -- an idea that was posted on a different thread a few weeks ago (unless there are other suggestions.

Thanks in advance for guidance/ advice

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH