SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_638893945

Need ideas for 1.9 acres landscape

Michael Liebst
4 years ago

So I just bought a home on 1.9 acres for my family. The previous owner was not great at landscaping but even so I want to create a new one that will be our little paradise at home so to speak.
Currently its largely open grass field, and I want to keep a good stretch of that so the kids have space to run. Though I want to create a more appealing and interesting property. I do plan on having a fairly large garden and at least 1 or 2 green houses. Currently there are 4 mature fruit trees and I want to plant more asap. I'd like to create a pond and maybe a stream coming from a smaller pond at higher elevation that leads to a water fall or two. I'm very fond of water features so this would be a great thing to have. I'd like to have more trees and maybe shrubs and flowers or ornamental plants without making the property overly difficult to maintain. Currently in the ideas stage so I'm sure things will be added and taken away as I go along. Just taking the first steps so I figured a forum site would be a good place to start

Comments (12)