SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imcheetah

Need landscaping ideas

NatureRus
9 years ago

Hi, we just built this house on a junior acre in zone 7 PNW. We are completely overwhelmed and don't know where to start. I am attaching 2 pictures. One of them is our backyard, which is a southern exposure. And the other one is a front yard northern exposure. I would like to keep the northern exposure area simple and clean, but the backyard really needs something. I have quite a few small rhododendron plants, strawberry unedo arbutus and some other broadleaf evergreen foundation plants. We also have several katsura trees and crabapples. Not sure how to position things and whether I want walkways or just grass. I only know that I want the landscape to be mostly broadleaf evergreen, where you can see a lot of green during our gray rainy winter months. also, I would like to keep it simple enough not to have it high maintenance. Oh, I forgot to mention that I also have quite a few rose bushes I will be transplanting from a previous residence. Thank you very much for any ideas. I'll try to post pictures

Comments (6)