SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purpleburbuja

bathroom remodel ideas

X
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

This bathroom was built in the 1980s and certain parts are starting to fall apart. so time for a remodel.

I would definitely replace the white tile counter top, sinks and faucets, wooden back splash and white floor tiles.

As much as those white melamine cabinets with oak trim are loathed on home remodeling websites, I actually like them. So my question is, if I were to keep these cabinets, what counter top will go well with them. I'm looking for suggestions in material as well as design/color. Will they be able to support the weight of quartz and granite? I will re-stain the oak trim on the cabinet face to match the eventual color of the window and door, and will most likely replace the knobs.

I also like the current lighting system and the big mirrors. The silver backing on one of the mirrors has peeled off just a small strip along the lower edge, about 0.5in wide by 7-8 inches long. It's visible in the lower photo, just behind the faucet. Would it be more expensive to re-do the backing, trim off that part and make the mirror smaller, or just get a new one?

Thank you all!

Comments (5)