SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandbandb

Help with Height of Roman Shades in Same Room as Draperies

sandbandb
4 years ago

In my master bedroom, I have one large 72" wide window on one wall and two 25" wide windows on an adjacent wall on either side of a king bed. Ceilings are 10 ft. and there is 5 inch crown molding at the ceiling. The room also has a tray ceiling. I plan to use full length draperies on the large window and roman shades on the smaller windows. There are (inside mount) wood blinds on all of the windows, which will remain, so the shades will be outside mount. There are no window casings.

I've seen a number of such 'combo' window treatments on Houzz and love the look. My dilemma is how high to hang the roman shades. If they were inside mount, I'd be fine. But they will be outside mount shades. The draperies will be hung approximately 9 inches from the base of the crown molding (2/3 of the way up from the window to the molding). Should I hang the roman shades at the same height as the top of the drapery panels OR can I hang them just above the windows? I like the shorter height but have been told they should be the same height as the draperies. It just seems to me like they'll look odd being that long/high.

First pictures are different views of the windows and room. Then representation of 'short' roman shade. And last, representation of 'high/tall' roman shade.

FL Home · More Info

FL Home · More Info

FL Home · More Info

FL Home · More Info

FL Home · More Info

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus