SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becky_edmisten_hall

New living room furniture and new paint - now what?!

Becky Edmisten_Hall
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

A couples month ago, I reached out for help with my furniture placement. My challenges were a long narrow living/dining space, and lack of any entry in my 1940 bungalow. After lots of great feedback from the Houzz community I got rid of a few pieces, then ended up buying a sofa, love seat and big chair (probably too much furniture but we have lots of guests) and am using this arrangement which was the only one that put us a good distance from the TV and gave us the most seating. Now what? I'm torn between buying a shallow depth cabinet for under the TV or just putting the cords behind the wall? What about a floating shelf? At the suggestion of a member I put the plant by the front door to direct people away from the TV.....also should I get a different rug? I have 2 dogs and have had 2 beautiful sisal rugs ruined when they get stomach aches and i cant use a carpet shampooer. Please excuse their bones/toys on the floor by the front door! What about the lighting in the room? I'm still not happy with the entryway, I've got a place for a couple coats but that's it. What about art? Sorry about my messy kitchen, I didn't realize it'd show up in the photo! :/ Thank you in advance, I'm so thankful for all the help!!!

Comment (1)