Canadian Health Care System
I didn't want to hijack the Valerie Harper thread, so I'm starting a new one.
In the other thread, Debby wrote, "It makes me sad that someone as successful as she was in her acting career needs a gofundme page to help her out now because the US refuses to adopt the healthcare system we have."
I have some questions for folks in Canada. I'm asking because I honestly don't know. Please, no answers or comments from folks who are not in Canada.
- When you need a procedure, such as X-rays, echocardiogram, etc., how long is the wait between the time you call to make the appointment and the time the procedure is done?
- Can you go to any doctor you choose?
- Do you need a referral from a general practitioner/family doctor in order to see a specialist?
- What, if anything, would you change about the Canadian health care system, if you could?
- What, if anything, do you pay for doctor visits, procedures, medications, etc.?