Anyone use mop sheets like swiffer or clorox

always1stepbehind

We have two small tile areas here at work, bathroom and small lobby area. I was thinking maybe those disposable mop sheets would work instead of a regular mop. I started cleaning our office for extra money years ago when our maintence guy moved away. We have a kitchen area in our office and we've or I've always used that sink to dump the mop water, rinse and wring mop...but recently thought if this was my home, would I be dumping my mop water in my kitchen sink?? Especially after mopping the bathroom...UMMM NO!! The bathroom sink is a standard stink so it's too small to use for mop rinsing etc. Even though I clean the out little kithcen area last, that is kinda gross.

So any thoughts or reviews on the disposable mop sheets??

SaveComment10Like
Comments (10)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Elmer J Fudd

You can empty a mop bucket into a toilet, just don't pour too fast.

Sorry for this comment, but this is the place that hasn't given you a raise in years and years and so you double as the janitorial crew to supplement your income? What a complicated situation.

Save    
maddielee

The swifter wet sheets that I use are fine for a quick touch up cleaning. They really don’t take the place of a thorough mopping.

2 Likes Save    
schoolhouse_gwagain

I used to use the swifter wet sheets years ago, but noticed that they left a film on my vinyl tile in the bathroom. I have thought about giving the new Wet Jet another go, but not sure if I want to spend the money on something I'll not use after awhile.

Save    
maifleur01

I agree with Elmer about using the toilet as that is what I do then give the toilet a good clean. I tried the sheets several years ago and perhaps they have improved but I used too many. I do have a spray mop that uses washable pads that I like better but you do need to have several pads. I use the first for a quick dampening and wash. Depending on how dirty the floor is will depend if I use more. You do have to rinse between wipes if you are doing a larger area.

Save    
graywings123

Could you get the management to invest in a steam mop?

1 Like Save    
amylou321

I use the swifter wet jet. I have 3 bathrooms. 2 with tile and one with vinyl floors(I think) I use them and like them. I also use it on my kitchen and the small areas of tile in front of my doors. I just don't think a regular mop gets a floor clean. You're just dunking the mop in dirty water and spreading it around. My master bath floor is mostly white and it works great. Not to mention is it faster and less hassle than a regular mop.

I do think the wet jet is better than the swifter wet mop, but I can't explain why. They are probably comparable as far as performance.

When I did mop with a regular mop, I would dump the water outside. Same with the tank on my rug doctor.

Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I recently bought this one by Rubbermaid. It has washable microfiber pads. You can use your own cleaner in the bottle. I use water and cleaning strength vinegar in it. I got extremely lucky. I got it at Lowes, they had them on clearance. I paid under $3 for it! I ordered more pads from Amazon. I have been happy with it. It is for use in the bathroom on the tile floor. I like to use it daily in the bathrooms. My cleaning ladies come every other week. They have their own tools but they really liked it.

https://express.google.com/product/Rubbermaid-Reveal-Mop-Spray-Microfiber/0_10415623261416836766_0

Save    
bpath Oh Sophie

I have some bar mops and various rags that I wet, sometimes spritz with 409 or the like, and put that on the Swiffer instead of their cloths. They do a great job, and since I have a bunch of them I put them all in a hamper and wash them in hot with oxy when I run out. No slime left behind (also my complaint with the Swiffer cloths)

Save    
arkansas girl

I agree, just dump the water down the toilet. If you pour it quickly, the water will all flush out. Not a big deal, just flush and the water will fill back up.

Save    
Lucille

I also have a mop with washable microfiber pads that stick with Velcro. I did buy a Swiffer because it was lighter and easier to use, but I ended up not using it much because the microfiber does a better job.

Save    

Related Stories

Mudrooms The Cure for Houzz Envy: Mudroom Touches Anyone Can Do
Make a utilitarian mudroom snazzier and better organized with these cheap and easy ideas
Full Story
Decorating Guides The Cure for Houzz Envy: Kitchen Touches Anyone Can Do
Take your kitchen up a notch even if it will never reach top-of-the-line, with these cheap and easy decorating ideas
Full Story
Laundry Rooms The Cure for Houzz Envy: Laundry Room Touches Anyone Can Do
Make fluffing and folding more enjoyable by borrowing these ideas from beautifully designed laundry rooms
Full Story
Closets Post-KonMari: How to Organize Your Sheets and Towels
A few basic supplies and smart storage tips can help you straighten up the linen closet
Full Story
Life What It’s Really Like to Live Through a Remodel
We offer a few tips for remodeling newbies on what to expect and how to survive the process
Full Story
Your First House Small Wonders: 9 Space-Saving Broom Closets
Check out these efficient ways to store your broom, mop and cleaning supplies
Full Story
Kitchen Countertops Kitchen Counters: Stunning, Easy-Care Engineered Quartz
There's a lot to like about this durable blend of quartz and resin for kitchen countertops, and the downsides are minimal
Full Story
Housekeeping 10 Chores You Can Whip Through During Commercials
Use ad time for getting tasks done, and it’s like fast-forwarding your house into cleanliness
Full Story
Most Popular Pet-Friendly Design: Making Room for the Dog Dish
In a dog’s life, you eat on the floor. Except in kitchens like these, where pets are factored into the design
Full Story