SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yalemichmom

Help with Contractor Error--wrong sinks installed! Redo or Credit?

yalemichmom
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello, I'm redoing both our Master and Hall Baths. We specified double, oval sinks for both as we have a traditional house and want to have more counter surface area vs larger sink cutouts. I realize some people think ovals are "dated." They did the Master correctly, but cut and installed rectangular sinks in the expensive quartz in the Hall Bath, instead of ovals as wanted. I didn't realize what was wrong until they left. I thought it looked "off" and only then realized their error. They've offered to either give me a $500 credit to leave it as is, or they will redo it. (I'm sure the latter's not what they're hoping for, and it will delay this darn project even more.) I've read debates on oval sinks vs. rectangular. I'm happy with the Master sink look. Here are photos of both. The (navy) Hall Bath sinks are too close to the side walls (another design glitch that should have been considered by the designer, but it's too late to change), so I'm hoping ovals will give a bit extra space on the sides and preserve counter area. (They're also correcting the navy cabinets by adding fillers for an inset-look and to make the fronts look more flush. I'll probably be charged despite it being a design/jfit error. There weren't supposed to be wide gaps between the sink bases and drawer base. They were to be full-overlay like the white Master cabinetry.)

My faucets are Kohler's Bancroft in chrome (they look retro--not contemporary):

Master Faucet - Kohler Widespread Faucet in Chrome

Hall Faucet - Kohler Bancroft Single Hole

The Master will have the widespread version, and the Hall will have the single-hole with two handles.

What do you think? Should I take the credit or have them redo the counters and install oval sinks in the navy, Hall Bath? Or, do you think the rectangular sinks look better as installed? Thanks for advice.

Master Bath with correct, oval sinks:

Hall Bath with incorrect sinks:

Comments (26)