SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Seedlings to Register, Later Ones I Like, Some to Sell or Share

shive
4 years ago

Seedling "G---y Cats" is doing well this season and will be registered later this year. While it hasn't reached the 24-28 bud counts it achieved in year 3 in the seedling bed, it does have many scapes with 19-20 buds this year. Blooms are 7 inches plus, and scapes are 29-30 inches. The plant is a dormant ML bloomer. ( Back Scratcher x Trimmer seedling). It does display some teeth and claws on its white edge, and it throws some kids with teeth. You know it's a fast multiplier because I have 20 fans. Here are a couple of clump shots from the past week.

Here's a closeup:

The other seedling I will be registering is Precious Cancy X Twilight Illusion #1. While it hasn't gotten as many buds (18-23) as years two and three, it does have several scapes with 17 buds this season. A semi-evergreen EM bloomer, it has 5.5 inch blooms on 28 inch scapes. It's also fast multiplier.

In shade with cool temps

In sun when it's hotter

Here are some new seedlings that are blooming in the late season. Both are ML bloomers.

A Floyd Cove beauty X The Ultimate Sacrifice - It has a rosy red petal color with a deep rose pink watermark and heavy gold edge. The bloom is 6.5 inches and the scape, which is only 24 inches this first season, has four-way branching and 14 buds. I think if this were not surrounded by seedlings with multiple fans shading it, the scape would be taller and the bud count greater. Two-year-old seedling, first-time bloomer.

in shade

in sun, with a better look at the edge

I'm liking this near white ML bloomer, which I have shown once before. It's gotten better since then.

August Frost X Winter's Angel - 7 inch flower on 29 inch scape with four-way branching and 14 buds. It has a small sawtooth gold edge. First year seedling. It's either dormant

in the shade

in the sun

Here's a picture of the father, Winter's Angel. I still have one fan of it. It's tender and loses fans in bad winters. My goal was to produce a daylily with the look of Winter's Angel on a hardier plant. I think the seedling is dormant, or semi-evergreen with a lot of dormancy in it.

More later in the comments ...

Comments (18)