“Delivery Check” phone calls

Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)

There has been at least one call a day for several weeks on my landline. No message left. The caller ID says Delivery Check, the number shows several ones with the local area code. Any idea what this is about? I can’t find out much on google and it is pretty annoying. As in Sunday mornings at 8AM. Can’t block the number if I don’t know which one they will use next.

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur01

I would assume it is a scam. Since the scammers are working from a list they probably purchased there will be several numbers that are used so impossible to block. I have received email with similar headings telling me I have a package. It is a scam that is going around where the package has postage or shipping charges due and want your debit or credit card to deliver it. Do not fall for it. If you have a package that you are expecting call the company to verify if their is any postage due.

Save     Thanked by Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)

I am assuming it is a scam. Just a really persistent one since it has been going on for weeks. And the calls can be anytime from 8AM to 9:30PM. So I was curious since there is no message.

Save    
cynic

Look up the number and you'll probably find out who it is. It's a scam, no doubt. And I just block the number and if they use a lot, I'll block "delivery check" if that's the name they're using.

jemdandy

I've been lucky with a low count of scam calls until the past 3 months. Just today, I received the same message again that my Social Security number was being locked and that I should call . . . Yeah, right! Today's call was such a farce. It was a robo call using the same lady's voice I had heard before and the recorder had already began its spiel by the time I had picked up the receiver. I admit that it was a good one using a well paced woman's voice with a believable patter.

Behavior like this is maddening. These low-lives prey on people who can least afford it, in reality, no one can really afford this. The capture rate is low and the penalty too small.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
ldstarr

Yep. And never, ever call a number from your "missed calls" unless you recognize it. There is the group (from India I believe I read) that has some unbelievably high rate per minute phone lines that you'd be calling and will find the charges on your telephone bill!

Related Stories

Remodeling Guides How to Check the Quality of a Contractor’s Work
Make sure your remodeler lives up to promises and expectations before you make the hire
Full Story
Pattern Checks, Please! 13 Choices for Checkered Floors
Checkerboard Patterns Go From Casual to Ritzy, From Marble to Grass
Full Story
Home Tech Switch On the Phone-Controlled Home
Lock your front door from afar, let your thermostat set itself and more when you use your phone as a control device
Full Story
Life You Said It: 'Don't Use Your Phone' and Other Tips of the Week
Memorable tips, tricks and quips from around Houzz this week. What are yours?
Full Story
Traditional Style Houzz Call: Show Us Your Bygone Home Features
Does your house have any elements that remind you of another time? We want to see them!
Full Story
Fun Houzz Houzz Call: What’s on Your Refrigerator?
Magnets, menus, children’s art, coupons, perfect-attendance certificates, song lyrics — what is fridge-worthy in your house?
Full Story
Holidays Houzz Call: Show Us Your Thanksgiving Fails
On some holidays you are just thankful when it’s over
Full Story
Kitchen Design Houzz Call: What’s Cooking in Your Kitchen?
Most of us turn to recipes, videos and culinary shows when we cook. Where do you set your cookbook, tablet or TV screen?
Full Story
Home Tech Turn Your Smart Phone Into a Home Security System
Monitor your home a less expensive way by putting your phone and some new gadgets to work
Full Story