OklaMoni

12 Likes Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

looking good!

Save    
Lindsey_CA

Sounds good to me! You all look great! What flavor(s) did you get?

Save    
OklaMoni

Tom had chocolate with raspberry, Judy had coffe with chocolate fudge and almonds, and I had chocolate, coffee and berries.

5 Likes Save    
always1stepbehind

works for me :-)

Save    
bpath Oh Sophie

Sounds well balanced: fruits, nuts, coffee, dairy, and chocolate!

3 Likes Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

They all sound so good!

Save    
marilyn_c

Sounds good to me.

Save    
eld6161

Great picture!

Save    
Lars

All of those flavors sound good. We frequently had gelato for or with lunch in Italy, and my brother would always order pistacchio, as that is his favorite and is much more common in Italy than here - plus it was better in Italy, according to Kevin. I had to teach him how to pronounce it in Italian, which, for once, he was happy to learn.

My favorite flavors are mamey, guanabana/cherimoya, and coconut (separately - not together), as they remind me of being on the beach in Mexico. Mamey paletas are now commonly available here in Los Angeles, and I get guanabana licuados at the Mar Vista Farmers' Market.

Save    
PRO
Anglophilia

I want it all! I daughter just called and asked what I wanted her to bring me from the Vineyard. I said "Ginger Ice Cream" from Scoops! That would be a bit of a challenge, so only in my dreams.

Save    
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Looks like fun, you three! I'll have what Judy is having.

Save    
jemdandy

Hmm, chocolate comes from a plant, therefore its a plant food. That's got to be a health food - Go for it!

1 Like Save    
laceyvail 6A, WV

Chocolate is in fact quite healthy. But the sugar in it is not. So.... eat the highest cacao level you can get used to. I like 90%--it's so rich that you don't need very much of it. Combined with some nuts, it's heaven. And healthy!

1 Like Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I am not a big ice cream eater but your choices do sound good. I too like coffee ice cream. Starbucks used to make a Java chunk, had big pieces of dark chocolate in it, I loved it.

Enjoy!

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

Aw! How cool.

Mom and I used to have I've cream for lunch when we worked together. Go smile at the cute guys at the grocery store (I think she liked the mailman who deliverd to them, and I liked a produce/stocker), then sit on the curb with a cone. Ice cream is still her favorite.

3 Likes Save    
OutsidePlaying

Everyone should do that once in a while for lunch! Looks great!

Save    
nicole___

Yum!!

Save    
blfenton

@robb - what a great picture of your mom enjoying her ice cream.

Oklamoni - Your flavours all sound so great. What fun.

1 Like Save    
georgysmom2

Now I'm feeling sad......no ice cream in the house. Finished the last two days ago in a root beer float. :-)))

Save    
sjerin

Looks like you're having a terrific time on your vacation, Moni! Are these friends of yours or are they posters here? Sorry for my ignorance.

Rob, what a lovely picture of your mother. I'll bet she was a beauty in her younger years. Well, she still is. :)

1 Like Save    
DawnInCal

Terrific flavors - I love coffee ice cream.

Sweet photo of your mom, rob. She has beautiful eyes.

Tomorrow, one of our local churches is holding a bake sale. It starts at 9:00a.m. and I'll be there to get a slice of pecan pie. The pecan pie is in high demand and will be gone by 9:30. They offer a scoop of ice cream with the pie; breakfast tomorrow is going to be the best pecan pie I've ever had and a scoop of ice cream.

2 Likes Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

Thanks y'all! That was one of her good days. She has beautiful everything, including her insides. Nice, sweet lady my mom.

1 Like Save    
glenda_al

Judy is a former KT'er. She had a KT get together at her home few years ago.

1 Like Save    
OutsidePlaying

Dawn, come visit and I will make a pecan pie we can share. I seldom make one anymore as DH doesn’t care for it.

rob, I love that photo of your Mom enjoying her ice cream. Beautiful!

1 Like Save    
gyr_falcon

Lunch/early afternoon is the best time for ice cream. The folks that frown and state desserts should just be an after dinner treat only, don't seem to grasp that it is much more refreshing at the hottest time of the day.

Save    
wantoretire_did

I could live on Ben & Jerry Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz. Big chunks of chocolate.

1 Like Save    
vicsgirl

Lat night it was hot (81 in Long island NY) so for dinner I made an ice cream soda with chocolate and coffee ice creams, Hershey syrup and seltzer. I live alone, yes I am a little overweight, but it sure cheered me up. I did not eat anything else the rest of the night, so i feel like I minimized the weight gain.

Save    
DawnInCal

I'll be over right after the parade, Outside! :-)

Save    

Related Stories

Product Picks Guest Picks: Ice Cream Tones
Surround yourself with summer thanks to the fashion-inspired trend of ice cream colors
Full Story
Color Palettes Summer Color Combos: 8 Refreshing Ice Cream Palettes
July 19 is National Ice Cream Day, so scoop up these delectable combinations for sumptuous interiors
Full Story
Color Street Smart: Room Color Ideas from an Ice Cream Shop
Brooklyn mural inspires the use of playful watercolor hues around the house
Full Story
Decorating Guides White vs. Cream: Which Neutral Paint Color Is Right for You?
Do bright white rooms give you the chills? Are off-whites too drab and boring? Let’s see which is a better fit for you
Full Story
Homes Around the World What You Do When There’s No One Around
Ice cream binges, air guitar concerts, napping in the closet. Houzzers worldwide disclose their quirky secret indulgences
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: Soothing, Refreshing Mint
Minty fresh flavor isn't just great for gum, ice cream and toothpaste. Let this cool color infuse your decor too
Full Story
Monthly Home Checklists To-Dos: Your July Home Checklist
Crank up the ice cream maker, hang up the hammock and raise the outdoor umbrella. Summer's in full swing this month
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Love Lasts: Dad’s Imprint on Our Homes
For Father’s Day, readers share dad-inspired stories of beloved chairs, sheds, ice cream-stocked freezers and more
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: A Converted Victorian Dairy With a Magical Courtyard
Designers give this former London dairy and ice cream factory new purpose as a serene family home with leafy views
Full Story