SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Sorbets, ices and ice creams

gandle
13 years ago

I have been making all kinds of the above this summer. We had a huge crop of red raspberries and have made both raspberry sorbets and ice cream plus freezing perhaps a gallon of berries. But, as tasty as they are George still prefers just plain lemon sorbet and I admit it is probably my favorite too. Made some peach sorbet from peaches I froze last summer and used a yogurt base made the mistake of throwing in some whole berry cranberry sauce that was leftover from a meal. It really didn't do anything good for the sorbet but looked quite odd and had no extra flavor.

Experimented with chocolate chips in ice cream, doesn't work too well like eating rocks gues they must use a different kind of chocolate for that kind. Did better with a chocolate ripple using dark chocolate surup, quite tasty.

Right now there is a batch of lemon and half lime sorbet in the machine and sneaking a half frozen spoonful think it will be very good.

Unfortunately, if wwe have plenty of sorbets and home made ice ceam on hand that is about all George wants to eat where he should be on a much higher caloric diet, he is so thin.

Since he broke his collarbone the crazy cat is back being a nurse again, how she knows when he doesn't feel well I'll never know. Sometimes I think she thinks that he is her mother.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions