SaveComment17Like1
Comments (17)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjerin

Happy Canada Day, neighbors!!

Save    
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Yes, Happy Canada Day! Your country has the prettiest flag and the most stirring national anthem!

What special events do you have going on today?

1 Like Save    
yeonassky

Thank you from this Canadian!

We are going to have a family barbecue starting at around 4 p.m. I need to sweep the deck and marinate the meat this morning. Otherwise I'm ready. The rest of the family is bringing the sides. Can't wait! my mouth waters just thinking about that lovely food. I love barbecue.

We will likely watch the fireworks on TV as opposed to going downtown where it is extremely busy and several minutes away from us. We will watch some of the parade as well on TV.

I would like to go at some point maybe next year to see new Canadians sworn in on Canada Day but it is extremely crowded and quite a trek. I've always wanted to do that though. I think by then my sister will have to have a walker of some kind or a motorized vehicle and that would make it easier for her to do it.

Save    
janey_alabama

Happy Canada Day!

And I agree with Rhizo, love the Canadian flag.

Save    
Debby

I have absolutely no plans for today, other than running to Sobeys to pick up some veggies and salad for dinner tonight. I took a shower and got dressed but can't decide if I want to go for a walk through a park, or go to the mall..... The only upside to today is: I'm still getting paid to work, only I'm home. :)

Save    
Fun2BHere

Save    
amicus

Thank you so much! My city had a great fireworks display in a nearby large park. I could easily see them from my den windows, so no need to go outside and risk mosquito bites, lol! I grew up in Windsor Ontario, separated from Detroit Michigan by the Detroit River. Every year the two countries put on an amazing joint fireworks display, set off from barges on the river. It has always been a great tradition to celebrate the birthdays of both our countries, which are only 3 days apart, similar to how family members in similar situations celebrate together! I've often wondered if Windsor/Detroit are the only two Canadian/American border cities that host a joint birthday/fireworks celebration.

Save    
Michael

I have a blended family.

We alternate our celebration of Canada Day/Independence day. This year it was in Windsor.

The fireworks were last week. Viewed from Windsor side of Detroit River.

1 Like Save    
blfenton

I went for a run this morning and I didn't even realize or notice that I was wearing a red running shirt! One of my run buddies complimented me on my Canadian pride and I had to confess.

Have a good day everyone.

Save    
stacey_mb

Happy Canada Day! Nothing special going on today except that I will go for a long walk to enjoy the beautiful weather and the lovely gardens on my route.

Save    
Marilyn_Sue

Happy Canada Day from me too.

Sue in Central Indiana and Izzi Too

Save    
joyfulguy

Best wishes to all of you fellow Canadians on this our hundred and fifty second birthday.

As I was sitting here doing some brain activity while feeding my body with lunch ...

... it occurred to me that my grandmother (Dad's side) was born in '62 - so she was five when our nation was born! I think grandpa a couple of years older ... and Mom, being a couple of years younger than Dad, her parents of similar vintage: likely all four under 10 in 1867.

Thanks to you neighbours for your good wishes on our birthday.

olr joyfuelled

Save    
georgysmom2

Michael, I love the blended flags.......Happy Canada day to you all!

Save    
cherryfizz

My cousin and I spent Canada Day driving in the county along the Waterfront Trail for a distance, stopped for a picnic lunch, before we turned back home for Windsor. The water was extremely high and in some places level with the road especially along Hillman Marsh. WATER FRONT TRAIL https://waterfronttrail.org/places/communities/essex-south-lake-erie/

Save    
joyfulguy

This being Canada's 152nd birthday, I mentionrd earlier that I thought that my four grandparents were likely under age 10 when we became a country in 1867.

Then I thought that, as I became 90 a few months ago, that I've been alive during 3/5, or 60%, of my country's 152 year life!

ole joyful

Save    
Jasdip

I keep my flag up all the time. I love it.

Save    
cynic

Belated Happy Canuck Hours to my northern friends... and enemies alike.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Eclectic Homes Houzz Tour: Quirky DIY Bungalow in Canada
By Houzz
With a thrifty DIY mindset and a true love for their house, a couple transforms their digs from stale to sweet, one day at a time
Full Story
Your First House Happy Houseplants, Happy People
Potted plants add life and beauty to a room. Learn easy ways to keep them healthy
Full Story
Cabins Houzz Tour: Pint-Size Cabin in Rural Canada
An ecofriendly and cost-effective house smaller than 300 square feet offers a fresh start
Full Story