SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eats_beats_trees

Cacti/succulents in south Florida summer rain

4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

*All plants except for Graptopetalum bellum are under the sun almost the whole day. They may need to be moved due to more expected rain**

Hii all “))

i have a few cacti/succulents. It’s beggining to rain more in south Florida. I have my cacti/succulents under the open outdoor sun almost all day. I am wondering if it’s time to start covering them from the rain. Any tips welcomed .

It has rained yesterday and today . It’s likely it will rain the next few weeks. Im never sure when they need water . most are in a mix of 1/3 cactus mix 2/3 rocks. Here they are

**These photos were taken before yesterday’s rain**

!Plant name needed!

This purple cactus is one of my favorites but I have no idea the name or how to care for it. Guess it likes the sun because it’s flowering

My Black Prince Echeveria. Seems like the wrinkled leaves mean it could use some water. I’ve had some get water rot in the past so I haven’t given this one much since I bought it a few weeks ago.

Don’t know the name of these two and they look about the same as when I bought them. Not sure of their water/sun needs.

Haworthia cooper . This one looks the same maybe a bit drier . could the browning be too much sun?

My poor Graptopetalum bellum. Seems sunburnt. I have since moved it under less sunlight. Any tips on helping it out? It’s def damages. Luckily one pup survived.

This was it a few weeks ago

Any tips on sun/water care for these babies would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

*All plants except for Graptopetalum bellum are under the sun almost the whole day. They may need to be moved due to more expected rain**

Comments (6)