SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zjz_1999

seeking advice on kitchen layout (take 2)

zjz_1999
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi, kitchen experts and enthusiasts,

About three weeks ago, I posted my kitchen design here and received valuable feedbacks, which led me to scrap my impractical plan and come up with a new layout. Here it is.

The first drawing is the current layout. A few things I don't like about it: 1. There is a narrow (36") hallway next to the kitchen and dining room area. Heavy traffic between kitchen/mudroom area and the rest of the house needs to go through the narrow hallway. 2. The dining room is closed to the kitchen. It would be convenient if the two were connected. 3. We are a multi-gen family with little kids. We cook daily and sometimes two people work in the kitchen, so we need a larger kitchen and more storage.

The second drawing has a better flow and more storage (fridge space too). The pantry is large enough to store snacks, food, and less-used kitchen appliances. Activities—working at desk, prepping food, and dining—all take place near windows to take in wooded views. Existing skylight over a large island. There are two dishwashers to reduce the chore of putting away dishes. Please let me know if you see any problems with this layout.

Thanks for your feedback!

(The old post is here: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5708871/seeking-feedbacks-on-new-kitchen-layout.)

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert