SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Moving hostas to a (slightly) new zone.

We are completing our move from the Atlanta suburbs to the north Georgia mountains. Going from zone 7b to 7a. At my old place, all of my hostas ended up right up against the front of the house, which faces north, as it was the only way to save them from the deer and rabbits. So that meant they were pretty much full shade.

The new place will be almost the opposite in that the front is the safest from the deer, but it faces south, southeast. There is more shade from trees but still. I have everything in pots so easy to move around. I have one area that gets sun until about 2p, then is shaded the rest of the day.

my main question I guess is which colors tolerate the sun the best? I have everything from solid blues through to pale gold, almost white. I’m planning on playing with it over the summer but want to start out by not totally stressing the ones that shouldn’t get sun.

pic for fun, these are the ones sitting in the sunny spot for now, the one on the right is slowly turning almost white after just a few weeks in this spot.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio