SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
d0ug3fr3sh

Landscaping estimate question - Your opinion please.

Doug
4 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping I could poll for opinions regarding my current landscaping project. I decided to work with a landscaping company after I determined it was more than I was able to manage. Typical right? Ah but you know I had to try.

Here is the current break down of my project by the company and so far I am happy but now my savings for the project is gone and he is offering to do more work but I am not sure its a good deal. Maybe its just sticker shock, maybe its the fact that I would have to take out a loan to do the rest. I am willing to just want to feel that this is a good handshake or if I could possibly do this cheaper myself. I was thinking of just getting some Loam delivered and spread it out myself then seed it for grass. I have the time currently.

Current project near completion:

• Tree & Brush Removal 10-12 Trees, removal of brush, trees, and grinding of stumps. ($3900)
  • Boulder wall 50 feet long 8 foot high on a slope to retain fill. ( $1500)
  • Fill (200 sq yd @ $10 per totals $2000)
  • Excavation and setting boulders, removal of all vegetation, remove a 20x30 cement foundation (we found that gross thing when removing all the overgrowth and vines), grading and removal of debris. ($9500)

New project:

• 1/4" Loam Approximately 14,000 Sq Ft at a 3" depth (160 sq. yd. @ $25 = $4000)
  • Hydro-Seed For Approximately 14,000 Sq Ft ( 14000 @ 0.12 = $1680)
  • Labor: To Deliver, Grade and install approximately 160 yards of 1/4" Loam for approximately 14,000 Sq Ft of lawn area ($1800)

TLDR: Old landscape project is wrapping up and I am happy with it at $16900 now landscaper is offering a deal for a new project to put in loam and seed for $7480 and that seems expensive. Looking for opinions and insight from others.

Comment (1)