SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lukkirish

I can’t help it, I’m more than just annoyed....

Lukki Irish
4 years ago

Ever since she was a pup, we’ve taken our Lab to doggy daycare 1 to 2 times a week. The benefits have justified the cost (to me) because she’s got great social skills and she’s been able to burn her extra energy. This daycare place is really popular; there’s a ton of dogs and several regulars that she’s played with for years. It also has cameras so when I have a moment, I like to peek in to see what she’s up to. Recently it dawned on me that a lot of the time (and more this past year( she’s in a play area with only 2-3 other dogs (looking bored) so I called to ask why. They said it’s because she’s really good at helping to calm the new dogs on their initial visIt and they have to separate them from the large group while they adjust. So in essence, I’m paying to take Ellie there at 20.00 a pop so they can use her play time for their benefit. When I think about all the times I’ve seen her in a separate pen like that it really annoys me. Not to mention that the 20.00 is for only 6 hours. If I’m late to pick her up by more than 15 minutes, I have to pay for a full 30.00 day, no exceptions and THAT annoys me even more. I hate to say this because my dog loves it there, but they’ve just lost a loyal customer.

DH says I might be I’m over reacting but I don’t think I am, do you?

Comments (36)