SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkpetre

Does this look professional to you? (Interior Window Trim)

4 years ago

We hired a local company with hundreds of glowing reviews on Angie's List to add a couple new windows to our kitchen and trim out all (20) windows in our house. We just have builder grade window sills with a bottom trim piece in place now. The idea was to match trim that encases the interior doors in the house with new trim on the windows.

Rather than remove the existing window sills, they decided to work around them and build trim around them. This is creating some very odd and "creative" ways of doing things. I've attached some pictures. In addition to some really odd decisions, they're also doing a HORRIBLE job on cuts, edges, corners - basically everything they touch.

I guess the point of my post is to get some opinions on what they've done so far so that when I talk to the head guy on Monday, I'll know I'm not just being picky/overly critical. So - does this look like a job done by a professional? Am I just being picky? Does it look like a "rip it all out and start over" situation?

This is an example of a cut they made on the existing sill to wedge a trim piece around.

The has a significant amount of putty to compensate for a horrible cut

We have two windows side by side that we wanted to join together with trim by putting a trim piece between them. They couldn't find trim big enough, so they used this random board w/ knots, cracks, and cupping.

Another "precise" cut

Different angle of the giant piece of wood

Everything seems a little off/askew.

Can this be forgiven?

When you cut a board, shouldn't you also sand the rough edges?

Thanks for the input!!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH