SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jetset2000

30" gas range does fit, granite trimming/solution needed?

jetset2000
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I have a bit of a dilemma. I bought a 30" GE freestanding gas range during the memorial day sale to replace the old slide in gas range that came with the house. i felt like i got a great deal thanks to the sale. i just bought a house last year, and i’ve been slowly updating it.

I thought I measured the countertop width correctly beforehand, but i was mistaken because the installer contracted with home dept couldn't slide it in because the granite countertop at the narrowest is around 29.75-29.875" at the narrowest approximately. the old slide in oven was narrower and they were able to fit it in also by elevating the legs, but not so with the new 30" freestanding that i bought. at the widest cutout, it is 30", but the granite countertop wasn't cut all the way to 30".

the installer said to give them a call once i fix the problem. i'm thinking i would need someone to trim about 0.25"

i'm not a diy guy, so i would need to hire someone. and this is causing me anxiety, coz i'm afraid it might cost a lot to fix this problem or they won't be able to fix it at all. i took pictures.

1) who should I call to come in and fix it?

2) i'm worried it might cost a lot, but how much do you guys think it will cost, i need an estimate before i start calling because i don't want to get ripped off. i know it's hard to say. i'm hoping it wont cost me

3) any concerns that i should know base on the picture i posted?

any advice is deeply appreciated.

my new oven sitting in my living room :(

at the widest cutout, it is 30" across, but as you can see, whoever did the install just cut out enough to fit the old slide-in that i replaced. i'm hoping this will be an easy trim/cut

tight fit, the 30" freestanding range does not fit, the granite cutout is narrower at around maybe 29.75-29.875"

trim/cut out this part?

should have been cut wider

Comments (14)