SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurenmail

JOYBIRD? Definitely no joy!!!

Lauren Bomhof
4 years ago

Just wanted to share a warning. I had wanted to order a sofa from Joybird during the Memorial Day sale. I had a time crunch for delivery, as I would be out of town after 4 weeks and HAD to have it delivered before then to be able to receive it. They explained I needed to purchase a pre made one, so that was what I did. After a week goes by, I had heard nothing so emailed them to see when it would be shipped. They assured me it would come on time. The next day, nothing and I just got the weird feeling something was sideways so I emailed again. Received an email back saying due to a “computer glitch” they had made an error and I wouldn’t receive my item at all! I could however have it custom made for a 6 to 8 week window! From now!!I’m leaving in 4 weeks, have renters coming in a couple of weeks later and now nowhere for them to sit! When I called to explain that this was an abnormal situation and would need them to rectify it, I was told no chance. It was wait the 6 weeks (guess the plane should go without me) or pick something else. (They had one other option and I did not like the look at all). When I said that now I had no chance for any other company to get me a couch because now my window was that much shorter? Too bad. When I said I would have to now pay full price elsewhere because the Memorial Day sale was over? Too bad. And to top it all off I looked up reviews on reddit, and here was someone else’s review:

Wow. It gets such glowing reviews. I’m a little miffed. Placed an order a month ago and have been sitting here waiting. No word. Crickets. I emailed them the other day to inquire. 2 days later they tell me my couch is not in stock as the website indicated and that they can start custom building me one or I can receive a refund. I was under the impression that they were all custom built. I felt they should’ve let me know that right from the beginning. Makes me wonder if I had not emailed them how long would I be sitting here thinking they were building me a couch when in reality nothing has been done.

So, as you can see, this is a common occurrence! I’m not a fan. And that was one of many, all to do with shipping and customer service. When I emailed and told them to cancel my order, she “hoped I would consider Joybird in the future.” Really???? They seem to have huge customer service issues, and I would suggest you look elsewhere.

Comments (8)