SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_42015757

Why is it so hard to shop for Stainmaster carpet online?

User
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm looking at Stainmaster for our new townhouse/condo. I don't know why but it is so hard to shop for this darn carpet online. I went to Lowe's and I still didn't feel like I could imagine it in my place very easily. Anyone have pictures to share? Bonus points if your walls are white or off-white of any kind!

This is our first purchase of a home, so we are rookies. I don't know much about carpet, but from what I learned you need to pay attention to and consider the following:

1. Pile height

I am looking for low to medium (but mostly low)

2. Density

I think I should probably aim for over 3000 since I need carpet in hallway, living room, and 2 bedrooms plus 1 office room.

3. Stain resistance

We plan on having kids while living in this place. And I can be known to be clumsy!

4. Hypoallergenic

Some carpets are listed as being hypoallergenic. Not sure how much a difference this makes. My husband has some occasional (not terrible) allergies with dust and our cat's dander.

5. Cut or looped style

I think we want cut. We have a cat and I have heard that they will often tug at a looped style carpet and unravel it. We just can't take that chance when making such a large purchase!

6. Color and solid/patterend?

I'm open to either solid or patterend, but I hear patterened can be hard to line up and then you get a lot of waste. Color-wise I would like white or off-white. That's why I would like the stain resistance to be amazing.

Any advice is very appreciated!! Thanks :)

Comments (10)