SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

Can Anyone Identify This Hoya?

PoohBearLvr
4 years ago

This one is blooming for the first time in 2 yrs. Since I got a mass of cuttings from a wonderful person here on Houzz. I forget his name, and all the tags on the cuttings faded within weeks after I planted them. So i cant ask him. This one I recall has a twin in with this one,so I have both variates. This one is either the 'large form', or the 'small form' of whatever its name is. I do recall that much. I see VERY little difference between the leaf size, and THAT seems to be the difference between the two.

The bloom is a white/cream color and the center part is a deep red or a brownish color, very fragrant. I thought it was a cutting from a shrub! I have like 4-5 of them, 2-3 of each types. So..anyone know what I now have blooming? Is it worth growing? I have never sen this one before,so is it common or hard to grow and keep alive?? Thank you for any help.

As you can see, it looks like a long wooden twig from a shrub! It grows totally straight and has the two opposing leaves. No branches, just keeps getting longer. Out of the blue I saw the bloom stem starting, and tried to turn it so I could see it. That is its 'smaller' or 'larger' sister below it. I cant tell any difference. But I recall he had two tags on them, and it said, 'large form' and 'small form'. Which is this? And is the other the same bloom?? Or is it different?? I am puzzled.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH