SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ronald_miller21

John Deere g100 no start.

Ronald Miller
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Ok so i have a G100 and i have not used the tractor since last year. Last year i had a mechanic get it running and i used it for a few projects and put it away. Today i was doing a project and decided id use it so i went to start it up and it cranks but it will not start. So thinking the gas might be bad i look and its almost out of gas so i simply add more gas and still does not start. I figure ill replace fuel filter and spark plugs and still no start. So now im going into save a buck pretend im a mechanic mode. I take off the fuel line connected to the carb and turn the key to start to see how much gas i get. I get no gas. I now think i have a fuel clog so i disconnect the in line from the pump and blow and hear bubbles. I check the fuel cap and its like new and working. So now i take the line and suck gas from the the tank through the line through the fuel filter and through the line im sucking and leave it lower than the tank and sure enough it keeps draining my tank so no clog. I personaly in my head cant decide what to do because i have three issues. 1. fuel pump dont spit fuel or 2. vacuum line. BUT 3. i really am not hearing the carb solenoid when i turn the key from off to on but i also dont know why that would matter if im not even getting fuel to the carb anyhow. The mower does start with starter fluid and will continue running as long as i spray it. My question i guess is what do you guys think it is. Can the fuel pump simply be no good? I did take it off and test it with my mouth lol by blowing in and sucking making sure the ins were only ins and outs only outs but the vacuum part was very hard to blow in fact the vacuum line blows way harder than if its conected to the pump. I am a bit worried having read about someone with similar issue having a blown head gasket i really hope it has nothing to do with that and why fuel aint being sucked through the pump.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH