SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pudgeder

Sirrus XM -- (sattelite radio)

pudgeder
4 years ago

If you have access to it in your vehicle, Sirrus is free through June 4th.

Comments (11)

• User
    4 years ago

I have used it since 2013 but find that I tend to only use a few of the stations and those are all on the cheapest level. Be aware that part of what you have may include something called HomeLink that can be used for controlling many of the "smart" home features beyond just your garage door.

pudgeder thanked User
  • arkansas girl
    4 years ago

We got it in our new car and found it lame and couldn't find a thing that we liked. I suppose others may like it.

pudgeder thanked arkansas girl
  • PRO
    Anglophilia
    4 years ago

I got one year free with my car, but found I rarely used it. It's pricey so I did not renew the subscription.

pudgeder thanked Anglophilia
  • Jasdip
    4 years ago

I use it. For just listening to music channels it's $10/mth, so I renew it. If you want all the talk shows, sports etc, it's more expensive.

pudgeder thanked Jasdip
  • DawnInCal
    4 years ago

Hubby signed on after his free year. He was on the fence for awhile, but we have a lot of areas that don't get radio reception and we both really like the deep tracks station, so he went ahead and signed up. I was happy to see him do it as he rarely does anything for himself.

pudgeder thanked DawnInCal
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I had it in my vehicles free for a while but I didn't care to renew it. I don't listen to music that much in the car. We talk, and if I am not driving I might be on my phone or tablet, I don't like any distractions. But several friends love it.

pudgeder thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • morz8 - Washington Coast
    4 years ago

I have it in my car and in DHs truck. I'm finding it way too expensive though. (It was free with each for a period of 6 months). I do enjoy the music stations and have mine set to era's....60's, 70', 80's. It's gotten me through a LOT of tedious freeway driving in the last 10 years, but I'm questioning the cost now. I have it set on auto renewal through credit card so couldn't apply Michael's tip. I could just call them, and say I'm finding it pricey these days and see if I'm offered a discount to remain a subscriber. It's just been several weeks since I paid for year.

pudgeder thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
  • sleeperblues
    4 years ago

It's all I listen to. I switched to the just music since I listen to only a few stations. 33-new wave, 34-90s alternative and grunge 35XMU alternative and 36 alt nation or what I call poppy alternative

pudgeder thanked sleeperblues
  • wildchild2x2
    4 years ago

We insist on paper billing and we send a check. I never sign up for auto renewal anything. Then at the end of the year we call them to renegotiate. Otherwise the cost is ridiculous. Our current "contract" is 60 dollars for both vehicles for a year. I like it because it is clear enough for me to hear with my deafness without having to jack up the volume. Reception is sketchy here for standard radio. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. DH likes it for the variety of stations. He is a bigger music buff than I am.

pudgeder thanked wildchild2x2
  • joyfulguy
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, our national radio, to which I must confess to being something of an addict, is at Sirius 169.

Get an idea of their programming at www.cbc.ca, then ask for radio one.

You can hear it at that location on internet, also - for free (well, almost so, as you'll probably be bearing a fee/((fees)) for internet access).

ole joyful

pudgeder thanked joyfulguy
Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio