SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_631239718

New laminate floors squeak along perimeter.

Ash James
4 years ago

Hello.
I had floating laminate flooring installed this morning in my bedroom and walk-in closet in a second floor condo with concrete subfloor. They leveled the floor, used a soundproofing underlayment, and the laminate was stored in their climate controlled warehouse over the weekend. I was very concerned about this because I thought it needed to be acclimated at my house but they assured me it would be ok since it was climate controlled.
I noticed that the floors squeak and creak as you walk about the perimeter of the room and closet. I had them look at it and they said to give it a few days to settle and expand as it was just put in. This scared me a bit so I confirmed again that it was already acclimated and got another 'yes'.
I did my research, and shopped around, they installed the same flooring throughout the rest of the condo for the previous owner and it looks great. Only squeaks in one spot which I figured was probably just because of shifting after a big flood we recently had.
Should my floors sqeak and creak around the sides of the room right after installation? If so, when should I expect it to stop? At what point should I be worried?

Comments (2)