SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uneke2

WIndow Treatment for Unique Situation - Not Sure What to do.

Carolyn
4 years ago

I recently moved into a condo which has a layout that poses unique considerations for window coverings.

As you can see in the layout pic below, the master bedroom and guest bedrooms both have windows looking out toward the city, as well as windows / patio doors facing each other across a central small terrace. The living room also has patio doors (in centre) that look out through the terrace.

My décor and reno choices are contemporary, white (with some black, and colours in the art & accents) and art gallery-ish. With dashes of tribal / global / travel. So I like the idea of blinds - contemporary looking ones with a solar weave. Which is fine for windows looking out into the city as they offer sufficient privacy. However, the 2 bedrooms have windows / doors with floor to ceiling and wall to wall glass, which face each other and are maybe 10 feet apart. So the solar weave blinds will not offer sufficient privacy between the 2 bedrooms.

Please ignore the boxes and all as I have not finished settling in. This pic is looking from the master, across the terrace to the guest bedroom.

I have considered privacy blinds, but those tend to look like the blinds of yore - from the 60's.

And curtains will narrow the windows' appearance. I lean to clean and sleek.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Comments (8)