SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karthi_kannan27

Builder used wrong grout color in kitchen Backsplash

K K
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all,

we are building a home with toll brothers. Builder used grey color grout instead of light/tan color over the kitchen backsplash mosaic design (rectangle pattern behind the stove wall). It looks grey tone and toll brother isn’t ready to fix the issue and having hard time with the project manager. we never chose grout color anywhere, and assumed we will get the pattern we saw at the design studio. Project manager is so rude and threatening that if we don’t do walkthrough and closing on scheduled date, we will lose the deposit money and toll will put our home on the market, and we lose everything in the process.

we told him that we would like to talk to his manager, and we can’t get past him. I called toll brothers headquarters and left messages for his manager, our design studio consultant, our sales manager, and none of them are responding to messages.

Realtor suggesting us to close the home and we use independent contractor to redo the 36” x 24” decorate grott. We are so worried and feeling unfair to pay more for the wrong doing of the builder, just for that pattern bulder changed us around 1900$.

Sorry for the long story, my question is, is there a possibility of just redoing the grey grout to light color one, I will attach both picture. i will be humbled to get any help I receive. Thank you so much.

the above pics is the wrong grout installed one.

This is what we selected at the design studio.

Comments (17)