SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_gurney7963963

Help with finding a good house plan

Amanda Gurney
5 years ago

Hi everyone,

Total newbie here and would so appreciate advice. We are a family of 4 building in NC. We spent the last 15 years living abroad in England and would like to downsize from our 2800 sq ft home to 1500-1700 sq ft. We are looking for a 3 bedroom open plan with all rooms downstairs and the master off the kitchen. We would like 2 bathrooms (master large enough of a clawfoot tub and seperate shower) and possibly a bonus room upstairs for office space or a spot downstairs for a computer desk/crafting area. We would like a laundry room/mudroom off the side that can be an drop zone for backpacks, coats, etc. We really love the living room/kitchen layout of the popular Sugarberry Cottage plan by Southern living with it's openness and double sets of french doors leading to small screened in porch on either side of a fireplace.

The exterior style we love is tutor. I am attaching a photo of the look we are going for. We would not have the fireplace on the front of the house (although I love it, my husband feels differently)

Thanks in advance for your advice/help. :) We are so excited!

Comments (26)