SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynthia_abbott

Front entry focal point - failing grade

Cynthia Abbott
4 years ago

We recently bought a new cottage, which came fully furnished. I'm slowly injecting my own style into the place, but I'm stuck on how to style this one small wall space, which is directly visible when you enter the cottage. The first photo is of the space now, which feels sooo underwhelming. I'm planning to remove the table that's there and the shelf too.

The second and third photos are of other parts of the space and the final photo is similar to a pine piece that I thought I was thinking I'd use to replace the existing table. It will not have a mirror though. Thoughts on the white/pine cabinet and how I add some style to grab your attention from the front door?

Current look

Current fireplace styling - one day the walls will be white. Note: The white thing and the sticks on the table aren't normally there.

Below: is an older shot of the room when we bought it. There are no more roosters and I've replaced the winter print with the Quebec summer print.

This is similar to what I thought I'd add (i.e. b/c I have free access to a piece much like it). My piece would have one drawer along the top and cupboard doors on the bottom. It is also two toned - white on edges and side.

Comments (3)