SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robw1963

How many here grow in containers?

5 years ago

I imagine most people here have their roses in the ground (which I did in my previous home), but I'm trying something new to me. In addition to the eight roses I've planted, I've put everything else in containers. Part of the reason is that as I grow older I've found it easier to work with containers. Plus, if we decide to move I believe it will be easier to take items with us. Of course, I understand all the challenges of dealing with containers, but so far everything is looking fine. Here's some pictures to show what I've done in the first phase.

This is my rose bed which also has daisies, marigolds and salvias.

Front steps with begoinas, coleus, impatients and violets.

Begonias and Sunpatiens

Japanese Maple (I've wanted one of these for years and decided this was the year).

French marigolds along with a variety called "Cracker Joe." They are several times taller than regular ones and the blooms are huge. Next to those are petunias.

As you can tell from the photos, I live in a manufactured home. We own our house, but rent the lot. While I am allowed to plant whatever I want in the ground, I don't know how long we'll be here or how much longer we'll live in the trailer (I've always wanted a "real" house, but at the time, this was what we could afford, and it is paid off). Right now it makes more sense for us to plant in containers, especially if we move in a couple of years.

Comments (17)