SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmolatore

Toddler room / guest room

C Austin
4 years ago
We are expecting our second child and eventually we will be moving my toddler from her nursery to the extra room which will be her new room. I’ve heard the advice on making the transition before baby comes but my family is out of state and will be coming to stay with us a lot before and after the birth to help so we will keep her in her nursery during this time. In fact the baby will most likely sleep in a bassinet and crib in our room for the first 9 months. When we do finally make the transition moving my daughter into a big girl room she will have just turned 3. Occasionally when our parents come to visit we would like to have her stay in our room and use her bedroom as a guest room. Any thoughts on a trundle bed vs a queen bed? The majority of the year my daughter will be using it so I’ve been told that should be our priority in the decision which makes sense and my mom has already said a trundle is fine for her and my dad but I just don’t know, it doesn’t seem like they would be comfortable but I’ve never owned one. We have a queen in that room now but the problem is if we have a third child I feel a move to bunk beds may feel small for her? Also a queen seems big for a child that small but maybe it’s fine? Anyways I’d like to know if anyone has personal or design experience with a set up like this. Thanks in advance!!

Comment (1)