SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
centhia_leedy

Living at home after removing asbestos tiles

Anxiety Freak
4 years ago

Hello all:

First off I have anxiety issues. Secondly, my husband, removed the carpet and VAT tiles from our one story home. Specifically living room and hall way. He put up plastic during removal and cleaned everything after. Clean I mean used wet towels, HEP vaccuming and disposing everything properly. Properly meaning in specific bags and sending it to appropriate location. Once tile was removed, he installed laminate flooring and new molding. The place looks spotless. My concern is the air. Because when he first removed some tiles, he didn't realize it was asbestos tiles until "he took it in". So he had removed about 400 sq ft of it before knowing what it was. There was furniture on the other side of this floor a few feet away and pictures hanging on the walls when he removed this tile.

The problem is that the kids and I slept in house the night he removed the 400 sf. He told me the next day it was asbestos 9x9 tiles. Our home was built in the 50s. I have NOT returned since and its been 3 weeks. I am way too paranoid to return, thinking I may have contaminated my children and can't get the thought of fibers possibly being airborne. I am afraid fibers are in the creveces, creases, ceiling ship lap and carpet peaking out of the rooms in hallway. My husband and I are on a verge of divorce over me not wanting to come home. He even sarcastically said I can live with my mother while he gets roommate. Am I acting a fool? lol.... No seriously! I am super paranoid. I just called an asbestos company and they said it would be $550 to do air test. But what is that exactly? a peace of mind?

Sincerely,

Anxiety Freak

Comments (36)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH