SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cs313901

Newbie seeking exterior accent colors

cs313901
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We currently live in a "white" (hasn't been painted in some years) house with white trim. Garage is front facing and the first thing you see,main entry sits back and passes through a iron gate and courtyard area. I've tried a number of samples and found SW 9167 Polished Concrete to be our favorite choice, with a white trim. My dilemma now it finding some complimentary colors for the window shutters and door (which has a decorate glass panel on either side). Any ideas? My thoughts so far are SW 6284 Plum Dandy for shutters and while I thought maybe SW 6710 Melange Green for the door would be a nice pop I think it veers too far off, especially with so much painting required around the frame.

The neighborhood is coastal (we back up to a river) and the houses are a near unlimited variety of colors. (Yellow to one side and faint lavender-gray to the other)

Any suggestions for revisions to my shutter and trim colors would be greatly appreciated!! Or do I just remove the shutters altogether? So many decisions! (*The photos are old and some of the greenery has changed)

*ETA - the green awning over the entrance door will go away but we haven't decided what to place there or when but it will likely happen at a later time. Also, the tree that hangs over the front door is no longer there.

Comments (8)