SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

'Pink Princess' Philodendrun,....What Is It Worth ??

PoohBearLvr
4 years ago

I have this BIG 'Pink Princess' Philo. that I need to sell. I need advise as to what to ask for it.

As you can see from the pictures it is full of pink & other colors. (It is leaning on a opuntia cactus). It is about 3 feet tall, and the variegation is very stable. The hot pink just keeps coming. It is over 6 yrs old, and has not lost its color as it ages. My other one is over 6 feet tall now, but it turned all deep maroon, I do not know why. It did put out a nice variegated leaf, then another with more about 2 months ago, at the top of it. I am going to do a top cut and see if I can get it to revert back to pink again, by bringing it inside into cooler temps. They are both growing outside in total shade here in south Fla. But it SO HOT already, and yet one is reverted and this one is staying variegated.

Ok, so I see sickly little plants, with 2 leaves, or non rooted stem cuttings, and even cuttings with burned leaves or leaves eaten by something, and 1 with spray paint all over it, on EBay, and they have unreal prices on them!

My luck will be I will put it on there and get $9.99 for mine. I am not selling it for that. (Mine has several feet of lower stem, that I can take cuttings from and get 10 or more plants from). Its in 1 of the pictures. I could take a dozen cuts off that and wait 6 months, and then sell 12 small ones for $100 each!

But I thought I would ask those that know what it is really worth. So I know I am not getting the shaft, and I am not being unfair to a buyer. Compared to what I see on there, I have the 'Hope Diamond', and others are selling Cubic Zirconias!

Can anyone give me a price range I should ask for? Oh and mine is also a FULLY rooted plant. In a 6in gro-pot and then grown into the ground under it. So it has a BIG root ball. Any advise??

The hottest pink is the top 3 leaves. The pictures below are of my 6 foot tall one. It is now putting out these variegated leaves, its top 2 leaves. Just a tiny bit of side pink on one leaf, then this more variegated one is its newest leaf.

Is it reverting BACK to a regular Pink Princess?? Should I take the top cutting and root it? Or what? It WAS all hot pink and variegated long ago. Then as it grew it turned to this maroon,then deep green. But now it is going back to pink variation.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH